A survey conducted by the
According to the report, 959 urban dwellers representing 13.9% browse on their mobile phones as against 366 rural people depicting 5.9%. Overall 1,325 mobile phone users in the country surf the internet. This represents the 10.1% of the total figure. These were contained in the
The NCA which appointed Policy Focus to carry out the survey covered the whole nation. 13,800 respondents were interviewed in the survey.
The most popular activities that mobile phones are used for are ranked by order of importance.
(a) Making and/or receiving calls: This is the most popular activity for using the mobile
Phone as reported by over 97% of consumers nationwide.
(b) Sending and/or receiving emails: The next popular activity is reported by only about
16% of nationwide consumers.
(c) Internet browsing is popular in 10% of the nationwide consumers.
Popularity levels of most activities are about the same for urban and rural consumers except for internet browsing, which is found to be more than twice as popular among urban (14%) than rural group (6%).
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs