Samsung Mobile Korea has posted a video on
However, there is no word whether the May release for the Galaxy S5 variant is for the Korean market only, or also intended for a global release.
Samsung in the past had launched the Galaxy S4 Crystal Edition, which was available in limited numbers in selective countries.
The South Korean giant in January also announced the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S4 mini Black Editions', which featured black-coloured faux-leather back cover, as first seen in Galaxy Note 3.
We expect that the Galaxy S5 Crystal Edition will come with identical specifications as the original version.
Samsung's latest flagship Galaxy smartphone, the Galaxy S5 went on sale worldwide on
The biggest new features being touted on the Galaxy S5 by Samsung include a fingerprint scanner on the home button, a heart rate sensor placed near the 16-megapixel camera, and the IP67 certification that makes it dust and water-resistant. As of now, there is no word whether the Galaxy S5 Crystal Edition will come with such features. The smartphone also features a new design in terms of the back panel now being perforated, and available with four colours at launch, and optional designer back panels.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married