Miami's RockOrange won a prestigious award from the Billboard Latin Music Marketing Awards for its marketing efforts to launch singer Gloria Estefan's "The Standards" album.
The public relations, marketing and digital firm won the Public Relations Crossover Award during the Billboard Latin Music Conference last week in Miami. RockOrange was among four honorees in its category.
"We are honored to receive our first official award for our entertainment practice from such a respected organization like Billboard, as it truly exemplifies a few of our found agency principles," said David Naranjo, principal and managing partner at RockOrange, in a press release.
RockOrange said it worked with Sony Music Masterworks to carry out a strategic and tactical cross-platform campaign to generate record sales and raise brand awareness through traditional and social media outreach. The marketing firm partnered with Gilt City to drive audiences to branded content and events. The campaign included Miami Curated Collection (Gloria's Miami) and a Los Angeles event with Kathy Griffin.
The PR firm also secured placement in national print publications and broadcasts. Ms. Estefan appeared on "Oprah's Next Chapter," making her the first Hispanic to be featured on the OWN Network. She also appeared on "Good Morning America," "The View" and "Chelsea Lately."
The album, which launched in September 2013, earned two Grammy Award nominations and also earned her a NAACP Image Award.
RockOrange is a full-service agency that has clients in the music, entertainment and hotel industry as well as banking/financial institutions and not-for-profit organizations.
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks