A full year production guidance has been cut by Miner Whitehaven Coal due to operational problems.
AAP Miner Whitehaven Coal has cut its full year production guidance due to operational problems.
The shares of
The guidance has been revised by the northern NSW miner from 10.7 million tonnes of saleable coal to between 9.8 million and 10 million tonnes.
The company has had to stop production in a section of its key Narrabri mine due to safety issues relating to roof supports.
A return to production is still two to three weeks away.
The production has been starngled via earlier revealed geotechnical challenges at another mine, Rocglen.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground