Emirates Steel is to begin selling sheet pile following a two-year product development phase.
The company, which is owned by Senaat - the
Emirates Steel revealed it is the only producer to develop and sell sheet pile in the
CEO HE Eng Saeed G Al Romaithi, said: "To meet the requirements of our customers and to further expand our product range, we are developing a wide portfolio of sheet piles, a range that possesses significant and highly cost-effective structural and pile driving properties."
He added that the firm had begun developing sheet piles in 2012 and had been testing products for more than a year before the range was launched.
Steel sheet piles are used to provide both temporary and permanent load-bearing retaining walls. Emirates Steel has said it could produce around 150,000 tons of sheet piles per year, depending on market demand.
The firm estimates that current demand in the GCC is 80,000 tons per year.
Al Romaithi added: "Despite difficult economic conditions we have continued our efforts in terms of product development so as to meet the growing demands of our customers and, of course, to expand our customer base."
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American