The justices on Monday agreed to hear an appeal from a
The couple sent a written notice of rescission within the three-year statute of limitations, but a federal judge ruled that they should have filed a lawsuit instead.
The couple argues that federal appeals courts are split on the issue, with some saying written notice is enough and others requiring a lawsuit to rescind. The high court is expected to resolve the split.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile