In a press statement, Sunday, Al-Hashel said that this service will be available in
This launch is the fruit of intensive studies conducted by a joint expertise team represented by all the GCC central banks, said Al-Hashel, who is also the current chairman of the
This service aims at facilitating purchases using all GCC debit cards within the GCC countries through all POS terminals.
Funds settlement of all the GCC POS purchases will only be maintained within the GCC central banks and Monetary Agencies, directly in GCC currencies, he added.
All these GCC debit card transactions will be governed by the rules and regulations of the GCC central banks and monetary agencies, which will also contribute to protecting the rights and privacy of stakeholders, he explained. (end) fnk.abd.nfm
All KUNA right are reserved
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks