Under one contract, MDA (TSX:MDA) will assess the application of Canadian robotic technologies to potential missions such as
That mission includes a robotic spacecraft rendezvous with a small asteroid near the Earth.
The asteroid would then be captured and redirected to a safe orbit on the far side of the moon.
In 2010, U.S. President
Under the second contract, MDA, which is based in
The habitat mission would establish a platform or staging area approximately 60,000 kilometres beyond the moon.
The platform would serve as a servicing or fuelling depot for future deep-space exploration missions.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids