In a statement, Chairman
"During the year the major moves were driven primarily by the subsidence of worries over the future of the Eurozone, combined with escalating concern over the tapering of stimulus by the US Federal Reserve. The net result was that while developed market equities prospered, fixed income, emerging markets and commodities fell," Crowder said.
"For AllBlue, four of the six strategies rose in 2013 with falls confined to
"In contrast, the other four funds generated impressive performance, particularly BlueMatrix (systematic equity market neutral) and BlueCrest Multi Strategy Credit. BlueCrest Emerging Markets generated strong performance despite challenging trading conditions and sharp falls in emerging market bonds and currencies," Crowder said.
"BlueCrest was, as a result, active in shifting the allocations within AllBlue. As a result of the notable decrease in the allocation to
Crowder added that BlueCrest believes that its inherent approach and investment techniques remain effective despite below average returns recently.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids