An agreement on development of draft regulations for introduction and development of Islamic insurance (takaful) and Islamic securities (sukuk) in
The agreement was signed by the State Service for regulation and supervision of financial market under the Government of
Under the agreement, the Kyrgyz side will receive necessary support in the preparation of documents in the field of Islamic financial services.
First Vice Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan Tayirbek Sarpashev said that the government will now begin a new phase of introduction and expansion of Islamic finance principles with signing of this agreement. The country also expects to attract large investments that will favorably affect the development of the financial market and banking sector, in the national economy. It is very important that the introduction of Islamic finance principles exclude the possibility of money laundering and use of other corruption schemes, Sarpashev added.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street