Secretary Information Dr.
He addressing a seminar organized by
He said the government was committed to addressing the problems of all stakeholders in the film industry.
He said the ministry would also organize a useful and informative workshops for creating awareness regarding the IP in government institutions.
He informed the first workshop of the series would be held within a month.
Keeping in view the advance technology, he said after the great success of 3G and 4G technology, information technology sector would boost the national economy.
This year the theme of the World IP Day is ”Movies a Global Passion“ which would help lifting the movies in the world, their role in a society and their impact on development in a country.
Legendary personalities from film industry,
Director General IPO-Pakistan,
”We have organized this seminar today, due to some administrative reasons“ he added.
He said that every year an appropriate theme is adopted by WIPO for the World IP Day and theme of the year 2014 is ”Movies a Global Passion“.
He said that the government, being fully cognizant of the interests of creators, writers, artists, inventors, business community and others.
”IPO Pakistan has also been given permanent legal cover in the form of IPO Act, 2012“ he said, adding that the government was fully committed for protection of creative community’s rights.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland