Devices are 'future' of electronics;
Talking about expansion plans, Bhatnagar said at least six new stores will be opened this year in the
Gitex Shopper is not very different from others, he said, adding: "But I think the attraction of this Gitex Shopper from the previous one are newly-launched mobile phones."
A lot of new mobile phone models were launched recently, especially by
He believes that the smartphone category will record a 50 per cent growth in sales over the last Shopper. "That's the one category which is doing extremely well."
"We are expecting 20 to 25 per cent growth [in sales] compared to the previous one in
Tablets are also doing extremely well like smartphones, he said, adding that there is no much difference between both. Sizes of smartphones are increasing and tablets sizes are decreasing. So these products are doing very well as these are the future of electronics such as smartphones, tablets and wearable devices, he explained.
He said that there is no future of unbranded products in the markets and it's better people should buy genuine and branded products with authorised retailers. He also advised Gitex Shopper visitors "don't wait until the last day and come and do the shopping as soon as possible as there is no guarantee of stocks, specially for latest products at the event."
Gitex Shopper is all about offers, bundles and free gifts on purchases.
"We have Dh10 million worth of giveaways this year," he said, adding: "This edition of Shopper will play a major role in exposing the latest products to our customers in the Emirates, not only
"Apart from the
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years