Keeping in view the requirements of the country and in line with the PML-N economic agenda, better economic management is the top priority of government.
This was stated by the
The minister said that management of Sub-National Finances is an important subject with which the federal and provincial governments have to deal.
He underscored that fiscal sustainability cannot be achieved without sound fiscal and financial management.
Wherever and whenever there is a departure from fiscal prudence and matters are allowed to drift over a period of time, as happened in the recent past in
The government is fully aware of the fact that fiscal consolidation and prudent debt management are vitally important for a better economic future and for this we have articulated a Medium-Term Budget Strategy in which we will aim to reduce fiscal deficit to around 4% of GDP in the next three years.
"This Conference comes at an opportune time when the 7th
Speaking on the occasion, Senior Economist at
After the 18th Amendment and the 7th NFC Award, when the Provinces have more fiscal autonomy and greater powers to make allocations, employing funds in important development projects is the biggest challenge, he added.
Acting Country Head of
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana