Country residents are benefiting from a
Over the past 12 months, country hospitals have received 20 new mobile x-ray machines, two ultrasound machines, two digital fluoroscopy x-ray machines, a digital dental x-ray unit and a CT scanning machine, with another six mobile x-ray machines due later this year.
The SA Medical Imaging team visited every hospital in the state to figure out exactly where the new equipment was most needed and could have the most impact,
The brand-new, state-of-the-art equipment uses low doses of radiation, making the x-ray process safer for the patient, as well as the staff member performing the procedure. They are also light and portable and can be taken to a patient s bedside with ease.
Regional Development Minister
We need to continue to invest in our country hospitals to ensure all South Australians have access to high quality health care,
The x-ray machines can also be used in conjunction with new digital processors that have been rolled out to country hospitals over the past 18 months, improving the quality of x-rays and allowing them to be digitally sent to metropolitan radiologists for interpretation.
We have also delivered other high-tech medical imaging equipment, such as ultrasounds and fluoroscopy units, digital OPG and CT scanning machines that will be valuable additions for larger country hospitals, which are able to perform more complex imaging services, he said.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies