ENP Newswire -
Release date- 24042014 - Airbus Defence and Space, the world's second largest space company, is preparing for the launch of KazEOSat-1 (formerly known as DZZ-HR), which is due to lift off on
KazEOSat-1 is the
'Like the most advanced space systems that we have built, namely Gaia, Herschel and SPOT 6, KazEOSat-1 benefits from cutting-edge technologies, new avionics, silicon carbide, a large aperture and an agile platform,' said
KazEOSat-1 is the latest in a line of satellites based on the Astrobus platform, including technologies combining performance, quick delivery and high value for money, designed for missions as varied as imaging (Pleiades, SPOT 6 & 7, Ingenio, and others), environmental monitoring (Sentinel-2) and meteorology (Sentinel-5p). This state-of-the-art system also benefits from the unique expertise developed by Airbus Defence and Space in the field of SiC (silicon carbide) space structures and instruments. Together with its partner Boostec, the company has managed to create, through a series of achievements in space (e.g. Herschel, Gaia), an economic sector that is today crowned with success. The SiC produced in the Midi- Pyrenees region is exported worldwide.
KazEOSat-1 is the high-resolution element of a space observation system that will comprise two satellites and their ground segment. The medium-resolution satellite, KazEOSat-2, is built by
These two satellites form part of '
Airbus Defence and Space currently is the world's leading exporter of Earth observation satellites.
To find out more about KazEOSat-1: http://youtu.be/PAtBrnFUT98
About Airbus Defence and Space
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland