Apple also announced a stock split, a dividend increase and a larger share repurchase program. The stock gained 8 percent.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose six points, or 0.4 percent, to 1,882 as of
The Dow Jones industrial average edged up 29 points, or 0.2 percent, to 16,474. The Nasdaq composite rose 31 points, or 0.7 percent, to 4,157.
Bond prices fell slightly. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note edged up to 2.71 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings