shares ended mixed yesterday after reaching record highs despite an hour-long technical glitch at the start of trading on the
"This was a stock that was down in the doldrums," said
"We are perhaps seeing what is commonly known as a short squeeze. People who had sold the share at R11 thinking it was going to go lower are now having to buy the share back at around R12.15 and possibly higher," he said.
After scaling a record peak earlier in the day, the benchmark Top40 index shed 0.14 percent to 43 648.41 while the broader all share index was little changed, |edging up 0.01 percent at 48 647.62.
Advancers outpaced decliners 198 to 122, as 173 million shares changed hands, according to bourse data. - Reuters
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings