As security threats continue to evolve and multiply, organisations are struggling to both keep pace with major technology trends such as Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), cloud and mobility, and defend their perimeter. The frequency of attacks is expanding at an alarming rate globally. In fact, Dell prevented 1.06 trillion intrusion events in 249 countries in the past year alone.
A Dell global security survey released in February found that 74% of global respondents had experienced a security breach in the past year, but on average, respondents only allocated 17% of their IT budget to security. In order for organisations to truly transform their business, it is imperative they ensure data is protected and their workforce is productive. In today's world, that means protection at the data centre, in the cloud, within the network and especially at the endpoint.
According to a recent
"In today's evolving technology landscape, organisations face an unprecedented number and variety of security threats. Only a connected approach to security protects an organisation's entire IT environment without compromising access, collaboration, performance or cost," said
Dell's AETD service has a number of threat-oriented features:
* Always-on endpoint assessments: The 24x7 aspect of the solution gives customers the earliest possible warning that an adversary might be lurking on a company's endpoints; Dell SecureWorks experts, specially trained to analyse the advance threat, will determine the severity of any activity and escalate critical threats promptly.
* Unique endpoint intelligence delivered by one of the industry's leading security research teams: Dell SecureWorks has conducted advanced threat hunting engagements on thousands of systems and has developed signatures and elite intelligence for detecting endpoint compromise.
* Specific data around attack vector: Many competing endpoint solutions simply advise to re-image compromised devices , but Dell SecureWorks can reveal precisely how the endpoint was compromised, often allowing customers to patch their systems instead of undertaking a costly re-imaging effort.
* A fully managed service: Dell SecureWorks personnel will not only patch and update the analysis software, but will deploy new intelligence updates on a regular basis and will monitor the system's availability.
Dell Secure Mobile Access revolutionires BYOD mobile worker security with per-app VPN access controls for any mobile app
The updated Dell Secure Mobile Access (SMA) solution provides organisations with per-app VPN access to enterprise data and resources, while protecting the corporate network from security threats. The BYOD migration and increase of both employee-and employer-owned mobile devices in the workplace has resulted in a mandate for IT to enable secure mobile access to corporate data and resources. By enabling IT to restrict VPN access only to a set of trusted mobile applications, Dell's SMA solution is designed to manage and secure access to business applications and data, while coexisting with personal applications and respecting personal data privacy. While the potential for security breaches and the introduction of malware into the network can result from any type of mobile access, the risk intensifies with the co-mingling of business and personal data and applications when employees use personal devices for work.
Dell's SMA solution combines a Dell SonicWALL E-Class Secure Remote Access Appliance powered by the new Secure Mobile Access Operating System 11.0, with the Dell SonicWALL Mobile Connect (http://www.sonicwall.com/us/en/products/Mobile-Connect.html) 3.1 mobile application, to enable IT to easily provision secure mobile access and role-based privileges for both managed and unmanaged devices for tens of thousands of users. Additional benefits include:
* Allows only registered mobile applications to access the VPN, while blocking personal applications that might propagate mobile malware threats and waste corporate bandwidth.
* Supports any mobile application and secure container, requiring no modification, application wrapping or software development kit tools.
* Reduces business risk by enforcing user compliance to personal device authorisation policy, and managing and reporting end-user acceptance of BYOD policy terms.
* Integrates with the Dell Enterprise Mobile Management (http://software.dell.com/solutions/enterprise-mobility-management/) solution, including its Mobile Workspace container technology, to enable efficient delivery of the user's applications and data in a secure and trusted way. For organisations using third party mobility solutions, the Dell Secure Mobile Access solution supports any mobile app and container, so it can easily and quickly be integrated into any environment.
Dell Data Protection | Hardware Crypto Accelerator Boosts Endpoint Security in Award-Winning Dell Data Protection | Encryption Portfolio
Dell's new Dell Data Protection | Hardware Crypto Accelerator (HCA) (http://www.dell.com/learn/uk/en/ukbsdt1/campaigns/dell-data-protection-solutions-uk-en) extends the current Dell Data Protection | Encryption (http://www.dell.com/learn/uk/en/ukbsdt1/campaigns/dell-data-protection-solutions-uk-en) portfolio and helps customers rest assured that their data is secured in accordance with the highest enforceable standards. With FIPS 140-2 level 3 certification – the "Fort Knox" of client protection – HCA supports Dell's mission to provide agile, manageable and effective solutions to secure endpoints for IT infrastructures of all sizes through a number of advancements:
* HCA converts the hard drive of select Dell Latitude notebooks, OptiPlex desktops and Precision workstations into fast (3 gigabits-per-second), self-encrypting, tamper-resistant devices, completely eliminating the need to purchase separate self-encrypting drives (SED) – all without sacrificing system performance.
* HCA enables compliance and is connected into the Dell data protection so IT administrators can pull single set of compliance data across their devices.* DELETE THIRD BULLET ON FIPS 140-2* Some SED solutions store data and the encryption key on the same device, however with DDP | HCA enhanced by the Trusted Platform Module (TPM), the encryption key is stored independently from both the drive and Hardware Crypto Accelerator. Therefore, should the drive be removed from the system, the data is automatically rendered irretrievable.
* Dell SecureWorks Advanced Endpoint Threat Detection managed service is currently available in
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million