Cien Amigos-IMF Scholarships has issued a call for applications for scholarships for Northern California college students and high school seniors.
Students currently enrolled in the 12th grade or in college can apply for scholarships worth $1,000 each, while high school juniors are eligible for $300 scholarships.
The scholarships are made possible through a $60,000 challenge grant from the Mexican government through the Institute for Mexicans Abroad. At least 250 scholarships will be awarded this year, according to Cien Amigos.
This marks the third year in a row that the Consulate General of Mexico in Sacramento, Cien Amigos and the Mexican Cultural Center of Northern California have joined forces to match and exceed seed monies, according to a news release Tuesday.
Applications are available online only at at http://cienamigos-imebecas.org/scholarships.
Related: The Best Schools for Hispanics
The goal of the Cien Amigos-IME scholarship program is to promote access to higher education and increase the number of Hispanic students who earn postsecondary degrees.
Cien Amigos contributed.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply