The Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility (HACR) will stream four of its business sessions live from its 22nd Annual Symposium in San Diego next Monday and Tuesday, the organization announced yesterday. The streaming will be sponsored by its new corporate member Google.
"Google is excited to partner with HACR around the work they are doing to advocate on behalf of Hispanics for more corporate inclusion and diversity in the workplace," Hector Mujica, social responsibility strategist at Google, said in a news release. "We are thrilled to help amplify the diversity message of the conference via live stream on Google+."
Frank D. Alvarez, interim president and CEO at HACR, said the organization and its board of directors "are honored to partner with Google for the first time, as they join the ranks of fellow Fortune 500 companies committed to improving diversity and inclusion practices across the board."
The streamed events can be accessed by logging on to HACR's website.
Here's a schedule and synopses of the streamed sessions:
C-Suite Roundtable, Mon., 3:30 p.m. PDT
• Jose Barra, SVP, merchandising, health and beauty, Target Corp.
• Michael Dominguez, SVP, corporate sales, MGM Resorts International
• Graciela Montgomery, chief human resources officer, Deckers Outdoor Corp.
• Moderated by: William Klepper, professor of management, Columbia Business School
The C-Suite Roundtable will feature three executives who have achieved an extraordinary level of success at their respective companies and have a wealth of knowledge to share with viewers. Among the topics panelists will discuss are key leadership traits they consider must-haves to be successful, career stumbling blocks they have overcome, and the role of mentors and sponsors.
Alliance for Board Diversity (ABD) Partnership: 10 years of Success, Mon., 5:15 p.m. PDT
• Linda Akutagawa, president and CEO, Leadership Education for Asian Pacifics (LEAP)
• Ilene Lang, senior advisor, former president and CEO, Catalyst
• Ronald Parker, president and CEO, Executive Leadership Council (ELC)
• Moderated by: Patrick Prout, president and CEO, The Prout Group
HACR is pleased to celebrate 10 years in partnership with the Alliance for Board Diversity (ABD). The ABD is composed the influential leadership organizations HACR, LEAP, ELC and Catalyst. The ABD works to advance Hispanics, Asians, African-Americans and women in boardrooms across corporate America. Panelists will discuss their victories and challenges over the last 10 years and what the road ahead looks like for increased board diversity in the future.
Increasing Supplier Diversity-Challenges, Opportunities, and Best Practices, Tues., 9:15 a.m. PDT
• Ron Alvarado, partner and chief administration officer, SBM Management
• Caren Bowman, diversity sourcing manager, AT&T
• Lucia Magdaleno, supplier diversity manager, MGM Resorts International
• Moderated by: Lisette Garcia, director, HACR Research Institute
How can we better leverage, strengthen, and develop Hispanic suppliers? To better answer this question, the HACR Research Institute has undertaken a special project focusing on the challenges, opportunities and best practices for increasing supplier diversity.
The State of Latinos in California Panel, Tues., 2:30 p.m. PDT
• Andre Arbelaez, president, Hispanic IT Executive Council (HITEC)
• Diana Campoamor, president, Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP)
• Helen Torres, executive director and CEO, Hispanas Organized for Political Equality (HOPE)
• Arturo Vargas, executive director, National Association of Latino Elected Officials (NALEO)
• Fidel Vargas, president & CEO, Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF)
• Moderated by: Blanca Garza, news anchor, Telemundo Bay Area
The State of Latinos in California panel will feature the presidents and executive directors of five of the nation's most influential Hispanic nonprofit organizations. Panelists represent a range of sectors including philanthropy, politics and technology, and will discuss the state of the Hispanic community in their respective areas.
Related: Familiar Companies Top 2014 Supplier Diversity List
The Annual HACR Symposium brings together some of the most influential Hispanic community and corporate leaders to discuss best practices and solutions for Hispanic inclusion at Fortune 500 companies through employment, procurement, philanthropy and governance.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006