The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) announced additions on Friday to the 2014 CHCI Advisory Council.
The newly added members are Joedis Avila of the Ford Motor Company Fund, Chris Ornelas of the National Association of Broadcasters, J. Robert Carr of the Society of Human Resource Management, and Joan Gillman of Time Warner Cable.
Esther Aguilera, CHCI president and CEO, said the organization was "very pleased" with the selections.
"With the Latino population positioned to determine the future success of America, it is critical that we leverage dynamic partnerships to support the aspirations of Latino youth to succeed through education, leadership development, and convening the most powerful network of Latino and national leaders," she said in a news release.
CHCI's advisory council includes officers of large corporations, nonprofits, unions and Hispanic members of Congress. A full list is available here.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)