George Zimmerman will not be fighting rapper DMX in a charity event, Celebrity Boxing owner Damon Feldman announced.
Feldman tweeted Saturday he was canceling the event because he realized there's "more to life than money," TMZ.com reported.
"Just looked at my son and daughter today wow I'm so lucky those people must be in so much pain ... all you people are right," Feldman tweeted.
DMX spokesman Domenick Nati told E! News that, "Damon Feldman has announced that the George Zimmerman fight is canceled via his Twitter. As previously stated, DMX never agreed to the fight and we thank you for all of the support from DMX's fans."
E! confirmed Wednesday that Zimmerman, who was acquitted in July in the 2012 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla., was to go toe-to-toe with DMX in March and that Floyd Mayweather Sr. would act as the referee.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: George Zimmerman, DMX boxing match canceled
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property