The sixth trading week of 2014 comes to a close with the US markets rallying into the weekend. Investors were able to shake off initial disappointment with the January payroll report to find upside in the numbers.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, the Nasdaq Composite and S&P 500 are all higher for the week after rallying in both Thursday and Friday's sessions.
Crude oil futures are higher this week, trading just above $99.00 per barrel on Friday afternoon.
And Gold futures are higher this week, trading around $1,267 an ounce in Friday afternoon trading.
In economic news, the
In corporate news,
This is the 'Weekly Market Wrap' for
The preceding is a transcript of the MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201402WeeklyWrap020714&mv=1.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11