The researchers, with the application of nanotechnology and glass fibers, are designing road dividers. They claim that the dividers will reduce the impact of the hit as it will be absorbed by the nano composite structure.
"The application of nanotechnology can be done in every domain like IT, automobiles, medicines, electronics, food, solar cells, space, fuels, fabric, etc." said
He said that the newly created nano-composite laboratory with advance equipments for producing nano fibers is instrumental in the designing and manufacturing of products like road dividers.
"In order to find sustainable and durable solution to the road dividers, we thought of using nanotechnology and and started the project at our laboratory, which is laced with latest equipments," he said.
Speaking about the nano-composite road dividers, he said that they have used composites of glass fibers, nano fibers, resin and hardener.
"Between the vacuum of the road divider, we have installed rubber blocks so that if the vehicle crashes, the rubber blocks can work as an absorbent," he said.
To make the composite material for the road dividers, the researchers have used two process - Vacuum Assisted Resin Transfer Molding (VARTM) and Electrospinning.
Dr Bhalerao said that since the project is in the final stage, they will be approaching the
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March