The two organisations now aspire to grow the number of people using the product that allows them to save and borrow loans against their savings, from the current six million.
Speaking during the launch of consumer promotion for M-Shwari customers, Collymore said the move will boost the number of Kenyans in the formal financial fold from 21.12 million according to the Central Bank of
"M-Shwari has registered immense success since it was launched in
"We no longer see the mobile technology as mere communication tools but as enablers to economic and social development. With M-Shwari we are proud to contributing towards the financial inclusion agenda," he added.
Commenting on the developments the CEO of CBA, Jeremy Ngunze said they were optimistic that the consumer promotion we'll see more people save and borrow loans for their economic activities.
Over Sh30 million will be up for grabs during the three-month promotion that will target existing and new M-Shwari customers.
One customer will take home the Sh5 million Grand Prize, while each week, one customer will win Sh1 million and 15 customers will win Sh100,000 each.
Every day, 100 randomly selected customers will have their M-Shwari savings doubled during the duration of the consumer promotion.
All prizes will be paid directly to the customers M-Shwari accounts, during the promotion that starts Thursday and runs until
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved