Outstanding foreign currency-denominated deposits held by residents reached
Residents include local citizens, foreigners staying here for more than six months and foreign companies. The data excludes inter-bank foreign currency deposits.
The dollar-denominated deposits rose by
Companies' holdings of FX deposits advanced
In June last year, the government unveiled plans to encourage local banks to secure more foreign currency deposits in a bid to protect against external shocks. (QNA)
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- German Firm Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- Coca-Cola Soda Sales Lose Pop
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work