The prices of some basic food items have continued to increase. This was revealed to this reporter who conducted a quick market survey to see the state of prices of commodities. It was put on record that the prices of some items like cooking oil have increased significantly as their supply is low in the market. One
However, at the time of going to press, three pieces of bonga ('chaloo') costs D10. This reporter took time to sound the views of some customers, among them, one
In her words: "I wonder why because GRA said VAT is exclusive on food items but I don't believe this because that is what the sellers are using to increase the prices."
The prices were confirmed by a shopkeeper Mr.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- President Obama Touts Overhaul of Overtime Rules