Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, Laura Linney, Julianne Moore and Michelle Williams were among the 400 mourners at Philip Seymour Hoffman's funeral in New York.
Also at the Friday noon service at the Church of St. Ignatius Loyola in Manhattan were Amy Adams, Mary-Kate Olsen, Olivier Sarkozy, Justin Theroux, Joaquin Phoenix, Ethan Hawke, Ellen Burstyn and Spike Lee.
People.com said 10 pallbearers carried the casket containing Hoffman's body into the church, as the Oscar-winning actor's longtime girlfriend, Mimi O'Donnell, and their three young children followed.
A private wake was held Thursday night at the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Home in Manhattan and a larger memorial service is being coordinated for this month, the magazine said.
The 46-year-old actor was found dead of a suspected heroin overdose Sunday.
His film credits include "Twister," "Boogie Nights," "The Talented Mr. Ripley," "Capote," "Doubt" and "The Master."
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Private funeral held for Philip Seymour Hoffman in New York
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?