Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, Laura Linney, Julianne Moore and Michelle Williams were among the 400 mourners at Philip Seymour Hoffman's funeral in New York.
Also at the Friday noon service at the Church of St. Ignatius Loyola in Manhattan were Amy Adams, Mary-Kate Olsen, Olivier Sarkozy, Justin Theroux, Joaquin Phoenix, Ethan Hawke, Ellen Burstyn and Spike Lee.
People.com said 10 pallbearers carried the casket containing Hoffman's body into the church, as the Oscar-winning actor's longtime girlfriend, Mimi O'Donnell, and their three young children followed.
A private wake was held Thursday night at the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Home in Manhattan and a larger memorial service is being coordinated for this month, the magazine said.
The 46-year-old actor was found dead of a suspected heroin overdose Sunday.
His film credits include "Twister," "Boogie Nights," "The Talented Mr. Ripley," "Capote," "Doubt" and "The Master."
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Private funeral held for Philip Seymour Hoffman in New York
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved