Stocks remained upbeat after global stocks and commodities retreated. Trade remained mainly in second and third tier stocks on strong valuations.
At local equity market, the benchmark KSE 100-share index added 111.06 points or 0.42 per cent to end the session at 26862.51 points as compared to 26751.45 points of the previous day.
Ahsan Mehanti, analyst at
Market traded 254.210 million shares after opening at 300.156m shares and the value of traded shares reduced to
Trading took place in 404 companies where gainers beat the losers by 202 to 180 while the values of 22 stocks remained intact.
Nestle Pak was the biggest price loser of the day, decreased by
Equity expert at
The scrip gained
JSCL remained the volume leader with 34.446m shares traded and closed on its upper circuit while Bank of Punjab (R) was on the second position with 22.618m shares, up by Re 0.16 to
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels