Sixty to 70 of the dispensers may be installed globally by the end this year, compared with about 40 due to be operating by the end of the second quarter, said
Gold plunged 28 per cent last year, the most since 1981, as some investors lost faith in the metal as a store of value.
As investors sold through gold-backed funds, more bullion moved to Asian countries such as
"The decrease in gold prices is very good for our business," Geissler said on Thursday from
Bullion for immediate delivery climbed 4.7 per cent to
Gold demand in
Ex Oriente also has dispensers in
While demand from the units has been "quite steady" since last year, turnover at the company's online bullion brokerage TG-Gold-Super-Markt jumped fivefold to a "couple of tonnes" last year from 2012, Geissler said.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?