Projects that can be shown to increase energy efficiency or generate renewable energy are now expected to be rapidly approved by the US government's
In addition, eight islands, including
At the same time, the price of solar and other clean energy sources like wind and tidal power has fallen significantly, making it more attractive for governments to switch energy sources and reduce bills.
A combination of solar and wind energy in many
The commitments to put up cash and devise projects are expected to help countries to work together to strike better deals with technology companies.
"We will be prepared to approve up to
"This could be a game changer in the
"Renewables make it possible for islands to gain long-term energy independence. The technology is ready today. The transition to renewables means a clean, prosperous, and secure energy independent future for islands," he said.
"Many old hospitals in the
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March