The chain also said that a key sales barometer did not fall as much as it did in the first quarter.
On Thursday Bebe announced a loss of
Sales at stores open at least a year is a key indicator of a retailer's health because it excludes results from stores recently opened or closed.
"We commend management on delivering improving results in the second quarter, especially in the tough and highly promotional mall environment,"
The analyst believes that Bebe's strategic shift in merchandising is working, but remains "Neutral" because the selling environment has been so volatile for retailers.
Tennant increased Bebe's price target to
The company's stock gained
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- German Firm Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- Coca-Cola Soda Sales Lose Pop
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work