The chain also said that a key sales barometer did not fall as much as it did in the first quarter.
On Thursday Bebe announced a loss of
Sales at stores open at least a year is a key indicator of a retailer's health because it excludes results from stores recently opened or closed.
"We commend management on delivering improving results in the second quarter, especially in the tough and highly promotional mall environment,"
The analyst believes that Bebe's strategic shift in merchandising is working, but remains "Neutral" because the selling environment has been so volatile for retailers.
Tennant increased Bebe's price target to
The company's stock gained
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security