The company hopes to raise £60m through the initial public offering (IPO).
AO has appointed the chairman of online fashion retail star
AO has also recently launched a major advertising campaign to increase its profile to consumers and investors.
It was previously known as Appliances Online, and specialises in whitegoods such as fridges, washers, dryers and kitchen appliances.
The firm intends to expand into electronic goods and hopes to open a similar business in
Co-founder and CEO
The IPO is expected to see the company valued at around £1.2bn.
A number of flotations in the
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up