Online payments service provider, 3G Direct Pay and merchant services platform for mobile network operators in emerging markets, Kopo Kopo, have signed a partnership with the aim of supplying innovative payment options to the regional travel industry.
"Our partnership, the first of any in the world, will introduce mobile money to the online arena," says
"By using the Kopo Kopo merchant services platform, 3G Direct Pay will provide all leading mobile money options in the region as part of its online platform used by the travel providers. This includes
While the 3G Direct Pay's platform provides a secure online payments solution to any provider and can be used as part of any e-commerce checkout, Kopo Kopo's end-to-end platform allows operators and other payment providers to acquire and manage merchants who wish to accept mobile money payments.
"Mobile money has emerged as one of the fastest growing consumer products," says
Feinstein explains the system process step-by-step:
- end customer visit the payment page (powered by 3G
- end customer selects mobile money option (based on the they country)
- end customer pays online using they mobile money account
- 3G Direct Pay providers real-time confirmation to the end customer"3G Direct Pay is renowned in the travel and tourism industry, where we offer our clients through our online platforms. Our partnership with Kopo Kopo will enable our East African clients to extend their payment options using mobile money anywhere in
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Samsung Launches Milk Music
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- BofA CEO Gets a 77 Percent Pay Bump
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum