The most recent
This increase has given rise to a band of super wealthy individuals, and according to research firm
This being said, the total number of Africans with at least
This 'supersized' increase in wealth accompanied by extravagant lifestyles has subsequently had a direct impact on luxury brands in
In the past, luxury brands have been fairly concentrated on the continent, with the likes of
The need to show
This strong growth can attribute itself back to the primary need of any emerging luxury market and that is the need to show - whether it's a new
It has taken some time, but 2014 will see African bling set to sing. The question to be asked is, which truly African luxury brands will step forward this year?
- Bizcommunity Special Section: Biz Trends 2014
- Bizcommunity Search: 2014 trends
- Twitter Search: #biztrends2014
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence