Shares of the
Yelp makes money from advertisements on its website and app. Many of the ads are from the local businesses that users are reviewing, including restaurants, bars, bakeries, hospitals and hair salons. Over the past year, the company has launched new products and tools for businesses, including a free revenue estimator and a food ordering service that lets customers order meals from the site.
Yelp said the food ordering service is generating more than 10,000 food orders each week. Cowen analyst
Yelp shares rose
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law