The regions - Scarlets, Ospreys, Cardiff Blues and Newport Gwent Dragons - are collectively owed pounds 800,000, which they had expected to receive last week, in the latest instalment payment by ERC.
But the ERC board has decided to delay making payments to all six competing countries in the Heineken Cup:
ERC said it took the decision to postpone payments as it felt "further detailed legal and other professional advice was necessary" on the issue.
In a statement, the WRU said: "
"The WRU is prepared to cover the full amount of postponed payments on a temporary basis, subject to the loan getting formal WRU board and bank approval.
"The loan offer was made to the regions before the ERC board meeting on Wednesday 5 February, when the postponement of payment distributions was confirmed.
"If the WRU receives a request from the regions, the governing body would consider it positively as a matter of urgency."
Meanwhile, Wasps have announced that
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?