GrandCare Systems is raising
The company developed a cloud-based technology that enables remote monitoring of patients with chronic health problems. GrandCare installed this software on laptop-style computers and ships them from leased space in the basement of the
With 20 employees, Maynard predicts employment will grow to 40 in the next year. Currently, its 1,000 units are in use, and Maynard expects that number to reach 10,000 also by next year.
GrandCare's growth will come through new customer relationships in the domestic and international markets.
The company has signed distribution deals with health-insurance
Each GrandCare system sells for
The capital raise will go to building the company s sales force in the US and hiring a manager of distribution channel relationships.
He is targeting large family investment funds, institutional investors and strategic investors as insurers to raise the capital.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions