GrandCare Systems is raising
The company developed a cloud-based technology that enables remote monitoring of patients with chronic health problems. GrandCare installed this software on laptop-style computers and ships them from leased space in the basement of the
With 20 employees, Maynard predicts employment will grow to 40 in the next year. Currently, its 1,000 units are in use, and Maynard expects that number to reach 10,000 also by next year.
GrandCare's growth will come through new customer relationships in the domestic and international markets.
The company has signed distribution deals with health-insurance
Each GrandCare system sells for
The capital raise will go to building the company s sales force in the US and hiring a manager of distribution channel relationships.
He is targeting large family investment funds, institutional investors and strategic investors as insurers to raise the capital.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday