The SDK, that would bring a series of apps, can be availed on Android and iOS as well as on Google's Chrome operating system through the Google Cast browser extension.
Until now the Cast SDK was compatible with firms like HBO, Pandora, and
But, now the developers will be able to register devices and apps for testing and publishing and the users can also receive updated app from regular app store.
Chromecast's director of product management,
He added : 'That's a major change for people on both the development and user ends of the app. If the Chromecast s upward trajectory continues, you can bet it will play a big role in
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study