"After the upgrade, the fixed income reacted positively, as expected, but surprisingly the equity market also," said
Other construction and real estate stocks were among the ones which slipped.
For the week, the
The value of stocks bought by institutional investors reached Dh2.69 billion comprising 26.8 per cent of the total value of stocks traded during the past five days. Net institutional investment on the market reached Dh52.9 million during the period as an aggregate buy.
Year to date, the DFM measure is up 17.99 per cent.
The Abu Dhabi General Index climbed 0.71 per cent to 4721.72 even as majority of stocks declined. The Index was up 1.03 per cent this week.
Of the 41 stocks traded, 22 decreased. 16 advanced and three remained unchanged. Services and Investment and financial services sector stocks were down 4.60 per cent and 1.47 per cent. Banks and Industrial stocks closed higher, gaining 1.35 per cent and 3.84 per cent.
Most Popular Stories
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California