Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from Forschungszentrum Julich, "The coarse-grained description of the fluid dynamics in terms of ballistic motion and local stochastic interactions of particles renders MPC inherently highly parallel. We achieve a 1-2 orders of magnitude performance gain over a comparable CPU-core version of the algorithm, depending on the implementation (single threaded or OpenMP)."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Various aspects of the implementation are discussed in the context of an optimized performance."
For more information on this research see: Multiparticle collision dynamics: GPU accelerated particle-based mesoscale hydrodynamic simulations.
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from
Keywords for this news article include: Julich,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?