Sandra Bullock tearfully thanked Jay Leno for his support throughout her career during her last interview with him as host of "The Tonight Show" in Los Angeles.
"You've always been so kind. That's saying a lot in this business, because we like to be mean," the Oscar-nominated "Gravity" actress said.
"There's not been one time you haven't treated me like I had something to offer. Even when the film was awful and you knew it, you never let me see it in your eyes," Bullock told Leno. "When I made crazy life decisions, you never questioned it. You were so welcoming. I just felt special, even when I was insecure."
"Well, you are special," Leno told Bullock, kissing her hand.
Leno's final episode of "Tonight" is to air Thursday with Billy Crystal and Garth Brooks scheduled as the guests.
Jimmy Fallon will take over as emcee when the show moves to New York after the Winter Olympics.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Sandra Bullock gives heartfelt sendoff to Jay Leno
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia