MONTREAL _ Resolute Forest Products (TSX:RFP) beat analyst expectations in the fourth quarter as its net losses were cut to US$3 million , from US$45 million a year earlier. Excluding one-time costs, the Montreal -based company's adjusted profits increased 10 per cent to US$32 million or 34 cents per share _ five cents per share better than forecasts.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?