The group, however, continued to register higher revenue to
PDB managing director and chief executive officer Mohd Ibrahimnuddin Mohd Yunus said the unfavourable Means of Platts Singapore (MOPS) price movement had resulted in a lower pre-tax profit of
"It was a challenging year for the industry with the MOPS price movement remaining volatile, swayed by uncertainty over global economic recovery and geopolitical instability.
"We are pleased with the volume and revenue growth achieved in 2013, clearly representing the company's resilience in defending our market leadership," he said in a statement yesterday.
Group earnings per share dropped from
PDB's cash balances increased to
The board has declared a single- tier interim dividend of
Overall, PDB's four core businesses, namely retail, commercial, liquefied petroleum gas and lubricants, recorded higher sales volume against the last financial year, he said.
It strengthened its position as the largest petrol station network in
PDB recorded a 2.5 per cent rise in daily average retail fuel sales and an increase of 3.8 per cent for its overall sales volume.
The company's non-fuel income grew 11.3 per cent, further cementing Petronas' Kedai Mesra as a significant contributor to its retail division.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence