“Innovation is an important element in Nexcelle’s development of new engine nacelles, and the O-Duct is an example of how our approach to more integrated propulsion systems will benefit aircraft manufacturers and airline operators,” said Nexcelle President
Developed and manufactured by
Nexcelle has also delivered the first LEAP-1C air inlet from Middle River. The hardware has been installed on a LEAP development engine currently undergoing tests.
The one-piece composite O-Duct delivered by Nexcelle is a technology breakthrough in nacelle design for integrated propulsion systems, replacing a traditional thrust reverser’s two-piece “D” doors. When deployed, the O-Duct moves aftward to the reverse thrust position, eliminating drag links in the engine’s secondary flow-path, enhancing the airflow path and improving fuel consumption, while also increasing thrust reverser efficiency.
A key feature of the O-Duct is its single-piece, 330-deg. carbon composite inner skin, which is produced at Aircelle’s
Created in 2008, Nexcelle has been selected to supply the nacelle systems for two major engine programs: the CFM International LEAP-1C for COMAC’s C919 jetliner, and the GE Aviation Passport™ for Bombardier’s Global 7000** and Global 8000** business aircraft.
Editors’ note: A high-resolution photo of Nexcelle’s LEAP-1C O-Duct is available at: http://www.nexcelle.com/news-image-library.
About Nexcelle (www.nexcelle.com)
Nexcelle is creating smart nacelle systems for tomorrow’s world travel. Headquartered in
PassportTM is a trademark of
**Trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries
Tel: +33 (0)1 30 07 90 14
Tel: +1 616 241 8643
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign