At its monthly meeting today,
The Commission will next review preliminary site and building plans to fully modernize and expand the six-story Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Headquarters, located at
Plans include interior renovations and building systems upgrades, replacement of exterior windows and frames, redesign of the main lobby, relocation of a childcare play area to the rooftop, and minimal perimeter security. In addition, its public courtyard will be reconstructed and new landscaping added. The existing ground floor retail will remain in the structure.
Before adjourning the Commission will hear an update on plans for the DC Streetcar system from the
In addition, the Executive Director approved five items under authorities delegated by the Commission.
The final agenda and staff recommendations for each project are available on NCPC's website. The meeting will be streamed live at http://www.ncpc.gov/live. Images of both projects are available upon request.
TNS 30BautistaJude 140207-4629563 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Larry Flynt Won't Stop Sending Porn to Congress
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges