Democratic strategist, author and television personality James Carville has joined Fox News Channel as a contributor, Fox announced Thursday.
"James' successful and storied career in politics over several decades is an enormous asset to Fox News," Bill Shine, executive vice president of programming at the network, said in a statement to Variety. "We are privileged to have him lend his breadth of experience, wit and dynamic perspective on the network."
The hiring of the former aide to President Bill Clinton and ex-CNN "Crossfire" co-host comes as something of a surprise since most of the channel's other personalities are known for their conservative views, Variety said.
Carville also works as a political science professor at Tulane University.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: James Carville hired as a Fox News contributor
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Fiat Chrysler to Build 3 Jeeps in China
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Hawaii is Genetically Engineered Crop Flash Point