Spark Solutions purchased the distribution territory from DirectPOS, a division of Meridians Idaho-based Abacus Credit Card Solutions. Spark Solutions also acquired the Micros Boise market from DirectPOS.
Cowan says both markets previously had multiple authorized
Spark Solutions supplies point-of-sale systems to businesses in the hospitality industry, such as restaurants, resorts, casinos, and hospitals. It also sells credit card processing systems, gift cards, paper, ribbon supplies, and support services.
"It was a good opportunity for us from the standpoint that the previous company wasn't hospitality focused," Cowan says. "We realized we could provide a more dedicated focus to the restaurant market."
He estimates there are about 300
"We want to work closely with the restaurateurs and the
Spark Solutions has been operating in
Cowan says the company retained two salespeople in the
"We have employees in
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy