KARAK — The Development and Employment Fund (DEF) has provided around JD24 million in simple interest loans to establish investment projects in 28 poverty pockets and created 8,000 work opportunities around the Kingdom, DEF Director General Abdullah Freij said on Wednesday. During a meeting with Qatraneh residents, he noted that DEF has allocated JD2.5 million to finance investment and development schemes in Karak Governorate, adding that JD1.5 million worth of projects were established in the governorate under the fund in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?