ST. JOHN'S, N.L. _ Fortis Inc. (TSX:FTS), one of Canada's largest utility companies, is raising its dividend for the 41st consecutive year _ possibly a record for any publicly traded Canadian company. The 3.2 per cent dividend hike takes the Newfoundland -based company's payout up one cent per share to 32 cents per quarter starting March 1 , or $1.28 per year.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet